Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games
ARENA supported Rio 2016 Organising Committee leading the Overlay Delivery Partner consortium, managing suppliers and guaranteeing deliveries on site over more than 40 venues distributed into 3 different clusters.
ARENA was the leader of a consortium with different expertise and knowledge that was awarded the “Delivery Partner” contract for the Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games
The relationship between the Organising Committee and the Delivery Partner is not a simple relationship between client and supplier and demands complete synergy and commitment with schedule and quality deliverables.
In a challenging environment under extreme time pressure, the team managed to fulfill the OC’s expectations, serving also as a last minute “one stop shop” for operational and infrastructure solutions in the wake of scope gaps and responsibilities left behind by other suppliers.
Rio 2016 Organising Committee
- Project Management
- Overlay Management (Welfare and site coordination)
- Overlay delivery
- Civil works and internal build outs execution
- Health and Safety Management
- 40 Managed Venues in 3 Clusters
- 7,1 millions sqm of built area in venues and precincts
- 30+ different suppliers to manage
- 12 Months of intense non stop action on site
- Various deliverables on “last minute one stop shop” mode to the OC
- More than 250 staff directly involved into the delivery